For the fifth CRP, I decided to do an informational brochure on a holiday. The holiday I chose was Mardi Gras, not knowing it was celebrated in France as well.
While doing research on the holiday, I learned that Mardi Gras actually is a French word and it got its name from Fat Tuesday in which the French were parading an ox in Paris which reminded the people that they weren't allowed to eat meat since the holiday took place on Ash Wednesday. I also learned that for entertaining, people carry baskets of oranges that are thrown to the crowds who are watching the parades.
Writing an informational brochure is relevant because it actually informs people of the holidays they have in different parts of the world. You also get to learn more about the French culture and what French people celebrate and do to entertain each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment