Saturday, May 26, 2012

CRP #4 (:

  • For the fourth CRP, I chose to read a children's book written in French. I decided to go online into the "International Children's Library" website and came across an interesting book that actually catched my attention. The book I read was called Finbo.
  • When I read the book, I learned that it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Predicting it WAS a children's book, I still remember how I couldn't even pronounce the first word. As I continued reading, I began to notice words that were common in the lessons we have learned like when they introduce themselves and add adjectives to the sentences. One of my favorite line from the book was "Finbo, chacun d'entre nous devrait etre heureux de ce qu'il est et de ce qu'il a. Tu verras, un jour, etre toi-meme t'apportera quelque chose...dit sa mere la baleine bleue." Translated it means: "Finbo,everyone should be happy about who he is and what he has. You'll see one day, what would it bring you, being you you are...said mother blue whale."
  • Reading a children's book in French was relevant because you are actually able to learn more French words and come across words you already should know. If you continue reading French books, it also will help you to become a fluent reader when it comes to talking French.

No comments:

Post a Comment